3 – Evening Qur’an Classes for children
In the Masjid Bilal evening Qur’an class, our primary goal is Taleem and Tarbiyyah [Islamic Education] for our children.
Below is an outline of the syllabus in place for our students.
- Recitation of Qur’an, beginning from Ahsaul-Qawaaid (Arabic alphabet) then Amma (30th juz) followed by the Holy Qur’an.
- Tajweed – the correct pronunciation of the Arabic letters. Finishing the Quran (Khatme-Quran) without Tajweed is prohibited.
- Aqeedah – Islamic beliefs
- Basic Fiqh – taharah, wudu, salaat, etc
- Memorization of Surah from 30th juz & 99 Names of Allah
- Memorization of daily Duas
- Seerah – Biography of Prophet Muhammed صلى الله عليه و سلم
Teachers will be educating the students according to instructions provided to them and not the personal choice or preference of the parents/guardians.
For Tarbiyyah, once a week (preferably Friday), a Tarbiyyah Assembly is held for the students. This assembly aims to discuss specific topics with the students that are generally not covered during the daily class time. Examples of these topics are Ramadan, Muharram, Eidain, Miraaj, stories of the Prophets (Peace be upon all of them), Sahaabah (Allah is well-pleased with all of them), pious people of the past, Aadaab – manners, sunnats, etc. For this assembly, groups may be made according to the children’s age so the teacher can discuss the appropriate topic.
Suppose a child is admitted into the Maktab System at the age of 5 and remains till the age of 15, and throughout this period of 10 years, the child was generally punctual for class (2 hours a day, 5 days a week, Shawwal – Shabaan) and learned his/her lessons. In that case, this child will Insha’Allah learn how to recite the Qur’an with Tajweed and be equipped with the necessary and basic Islamic knowledge essential for every Muslim.