Mawlana Mushtaq Shaikh was born and raised in Toronto, Canada. He completed his introductory Islamic studies in Madinah Masjid. In the early 90’s he enrolled in the Institute of Islamic Education in Dewsbury, U.K. to seek higher Islamic education. In 1999, by the Grace of Allah, he graduated from the eight-year Alim course where he acquired his education in the Islamic sciences, which included, but not limited to exegesis (Qur’an tafseer), the study of the six canonical books of Hadith with authorization (ijazah) and Fiqh (Islamic jurisprudence).
Mawlana Mushtaq is always looking for opportunities for professional development. He has acquired certificates, attended workshops and has taken courses on a variety of subjects. Some are listed below:
- Islamic Marriage Counselling, Level 1 from Al Balagh Academy
- Fiqh of Muslim Minorities
- Crisis in Faith: Dealing with Controversial Issues in Islam by Whitethread Institute
- Completed Level 1 & Level 2 Training in Gottman Method Couples Therapy
- Family Counselling from the Canadian Certificate of Muslim Studies Program
- Preventing and Responding to Domestic Violence
- Islamic Psychology and Counselling, completed Levels 1 and 2 from Al Balagh Academy
- Introduction to Human Trafficking from CAMH
- Mental Health First Response Training from Khalil Center
- Introduction to Islamic Addiction Counselling Level 1 from Al Balagh Academy
Since early 2002, Mawlana Mushtaq has been serving as an Imam and Khateeb at Masjid Bilal Muslim Association in Toronto.
He also volunteers for the Darul-Iftaa (Nikah Annulment Dept.) of the Canadian Council of Muslim Theologians and is a volunteer SLC – Second Line of Contact for Naseeha Youth Helpline.
To book an appointment, please email our Imam at: email@example.com
For Islamic premarital counselling, Islamic couples therapy and Islamic Divorce, please take note of the following:
- Counselling is based on Islamic principles: Qur’an, Sunnah and Fiqh.
- All discussions are strictly confidential in an open and safe environment.
- No information is shared unless required by law.
- Commitment to attend multiple sessions, if required.
- All participants are expected to abide by Islamic ethics and etiquette.
- For all legal matters please contact a lawyer.